The athlete starts in the supine position with knees angle of 90° and feet flat on the ground. The arms are extended and point toward the knees. At the start signal, the athlete tries to touch as much as possible the hand of the test leader within 30 seconds. The hand of the test leader is placed above the knees of the athlete. After hitting the hand, the athlete must always touch the ground with the shoulders. When the execution is not correct, no point is awarded.
The number of correctly performed curl-ups within a time of 30 seconds.
- Stopwatch (if app is not being used)
- Check the starting position
- Place your hand above the athlete’s knees
- The athlete is given some trial attempts
- Check if the knee angle stays in a 90° position
- Tap the hand of the test leader
- Shoulders have to touch the ground
- Don't wave with arms
- Count along the correctly perfomed curl-ups out loud
Download the instruction sheet as PDF here